What to do when best-laid plans crumble and disintegrate while helplessly watching?
Get alone with the only true Plan-maker and learn what’s next. He’s not stumped by the sudden change. If I worry about what’s not, instead of focusing on who He is, confusion and disappointment overtakes me. When I understand God’s in control and His plans for me have future and hope, the unforeseen fills with anticipation of goodness. I don’t mourn what is not. I value the present blessings. That is enough.
Our family plans to be stateside by now - visiting family in the East and Midwest, traveling to Colorado to attend a mission debriefing workshop, enroll the kids in school and settle in for a year - have vanished.
We continue to live in Kenya – the country of our call – and practice appreciating the everyday joys of serving Among the Least. We choose to be grateful for:
|Planting God's Word and trees in a place with desperate needs.|
|Mark's ability to sincerely engage Kenyans.|
|These smil'in faces of children who are learning about Jesus.|
|Taleah teaching brother about fuzzy kittens.|
|An ice cream vendor who can interrupt a basketball tournament.||.|
|First place son with his little brother in tow.|
|Beauty among thorns.|
|Weird fruit, our laughing son and lovely friend.|
|Mamas who fast and pray for vulnerable children to be saved.|
|Lake Victoria for throwing stones.|
Last but definitely not less, we are grateful for our family and friends who stand with us in prayer, support and encouragement. May God bless you for your kindness to remember us.
We pray with thanksgiving, making our requests known for:
- David and Hillary: Kenyan lawyer and judge to "love mercy and do justly" for orphan children and adoptive families.
- Carolyne, Lillian, Jackie: Widowed mamas to have school fees and all that is needed to send their older children on to higher education.
- Simon: Sudanese war refugee to receive shelter, food, and opportunity be a contributing member to his community.
- Finish the work on the Resource Center so it can host programs designed to help free those in bondage to poverty.
- A fruitful leadership conference that will equip and empower Kenyans to do the work of the ministry.
- Our family to continue trusting the Lord for all He wants to do in and through us. Our heart’s desire is to travel to USA for a year to rejuvenate and get Tavin set on his future path.
hugs from the haugers. O00Oo